Bacon Bourbon Chicken Kebabs
Ingredients Chicken Kebabs.
By Jord Althuizen Smokey Goodness
(for 4 persons)
- 800 grams of chicken fillet diced
- 300 grams of smoked bacon bacon cut into strips
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- 1 teaspoon of onion granules
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika powder
- 1 tbsp crystal sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 bunch of chives, cut into rings
- 1/4 bunch of parsley parsley, finely chopped
- 40 ml of bourbon whiskey
Ingredients Bourbon BBQ Sauce
- 200 ml Smokey Goodness Finest BBQ Sauce
- 40 ml Bulleit Bourbon Whiskey
- Food processor with chopping knives
- 4 large flat kebab skewers
- BBQ for direct grilling
- Glaze brush
Step 1: Put the chicken and the smoked bacon in the food processor with chopping knives and make until a smooth puree results. Add the remaining ingredients for the kebab and let the machine run for a few minutes, until everything is well mixed.
Step 2: Fold the meat around the skewers with wet hands and form a long kebabs. Place this and the fridge and let them set for at least 1 hour.
Step 3: Go, Go, Go! Fire Up The Q! Prepare your bbq for direct cooking (180°C).
Step 4: Place the kebabs on the hot grid and turn them in about 8 minutes to a core temperature of 64°C.
Step 5: Mix the bbq sauce with the bourbon and brush the kebabs on both sides with the sauce. Let the sauce thicken on the grill for 1 minute.
Step 6: Sprinkle with some coarsely picked parsley and serve with sandwiches or pitas